Craving for curry but worried about the complexity in making it? Laura from mylittlehongkongkitchen shares with us a simple chickpea, sweet potato and spinach curry that can be put together in 30 minutes!
- 1 Large White Onion
- 1 Birdseye Chili
- Bunch Coriander
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tin Canned Chickpeas
- Jalfrezi Curry Paste (or your preferred type)
- 1 Tin Chopped/Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk (400g)
- Large Handful Fresh Spinach
- 1 Lemon
1. Finely slice the onion and place into a large frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Cook for a minute or two to soften. Chop the chili very finely (removing the seeds if necessary) and add this to the onions. Next, Remove the coriander stalks from the bottom of the bunch of herbs and chop finely – add these to the chili and onions and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potato into 2cm cubes and add to the pan along with the drained chickpeas. Now, add 1 and a half heaped tablespoons of the curry paste to the pan and stir to combine and coat all of the ingredients.
3. After a minute or two add in the crushed tomatoes and the coconut milk. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes or until all of the ingredients are soft and cooked through.
4. Add the spinach to the curry five minutes before you are finished cooking and allow to wilt. Finish with a squeeze of lemon and serve with rice/cauliflower rice.