- 500ml Whole Milk
- 80g Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 20g Milk Chocolate (plus extra for decoration)
- 70ml Single Cream/Half and Half
- Zest 1 Orange
- 70mls Whipped Cream
- Pinch Salt
METHOD TO PREPARE THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE
- Begin by warming half of the milk in a saucepan over a low to medium heat (taking care not to burn the milk). Remove from the heat when hot but not boiling.
- Chop the dark and milk chocolate and add into the hot milk.Whisk well to incorporate place back on a low heat. Add the zest of the orange (optional) and a pinch of salt.
- Add the remaining milk and cream and continue to whisk. Cook for 5-10 minutes until all of the chocolate has melted and the mixture has thickened. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whip the cream into soft peaks. Pour the hot chocolate into two large mugs (or four smaller cups) and top with a spoonful of whipped cream and a few shavings of chocolate.
Food Blogger, Food Photographer and Stylist. Laura has lived in Hong Kong for four years and created food blog My Little Hong Kong Kitchen with the aim of helping even the busiest of people get back into the kitchen and cook fresh, healthy and delicious meals! Visit Laura at mylittlehongkongkitchen.blogspot.com.